Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 1 - Travel

Met my brother and father at the Newark airport during my layover for lunch. My father happened to be visiting my brother in NYC from Seattle.

I later arrived in Deli as scheduled. Smooth traveling and the 14 hour flight from Newark to Delhi wasn’t bad at all. The Indian dish served during the flight was probably the best food I’ve eaten on a plane. A car picked us up at the airport and took us directly to the nearby hotel so I didn’t see much of Delhi. As expected, there were bike rickshaws, auto rickshaws (motorcycle/rickshaw), trucks, old Ambassador cabs, scooters, cattle and people walking all over the roads as we weaved our way to the hotel.

After an Indian feast at the hotel, it’s off to bed. Tomorrow we fly from Delhi to Ranchi (1.5 hours or so). We then take the train 3.5+ hours through rural India to Rourkela, the first children’s home we will visit.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your blog. Did you write your blog while you were there, or when you returned? If during the trip, how did you maintain internet access? Your story is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete