Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 9 - Delhi

Tonight, I sit in a hotel in Delhi…my last night in India. Susan and Amy are catching a late night (early morning) 4am flight back to the states so they stayed in the Delhi airport. As I sit in the Delhi hotel restaurant after once again an amazing meal, it’s 1:30am. I am alone and able to begin to silently process the last 9 days. All of the children I have come to know, the extraordinary house mothers and home directors who make this all possible, the amazing people I have met throughout my travels. This trip has been everything I hoped and more. Chai tea in the states will never be as good as the one I currently sip. I will miss the great India breakfasts, the Nescafe coffees (I don’t even like coffee!), but most profoundly, the hundreds of children that I have come to know and the amazing house mothers at Rourkela and Sooch Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment